Monday, May 30, 2011

Next

A blog flash from the Ben Gurion Airport.
It's been almost 7 weeks that I have been running around my homeland of Israel. I spent a lot of quality time with family and friends, soaked up a lot of sun, and took a lot of pictures.
I interned at an Israeli press photographers' agency called Flash 90, where I learned a lot about the kind of photos an Israeli agency can use and sell, heard a lot of arguments about what makes a photo important, and saw many out-takes of those photos commonly played in North American media when reporting on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. It's been an interesting and rewarding experience.
Though I had big plans for all the photo stories I would do in my short time here, I quickly realized it was unrealistic, but I am pleased with the one project I did complete (see my next blog post).
I am off now, back to Canada. Two days of resting and packing in Ottawa, then a three-day drive to Winnipeg, Manitoba, where I will spend three months shooting for the Winnipeg Free Press.
I have never left a visit to Israel as happy and excited as I am leaving it now, looking forward to what's next.

No comments:

Post a Comment